I need someone to please add a few extra hours to each day so that I have more time to update the blog!! I thought I would take a little time to update on what's going on with the kiddos!!
Eva the diva!!
What can I say?? This 2 year old is a sweetie. She is so sweet and knows how to melt hearts in seconds. She is chatting up a storm these days and keeps us laughing all the time. You can tell that she has 2 older siblings just by the way that she acts......she's picking up EVERYTHING these days.
She's still getting PT 2x a month but is doing great. She loves her PT, Heidi and whenever I tell her that she's coming, Eva says, "It will be fun!" She climbing on most things and is finally getting the hang of going down steps. At some point in the last few weeks, she has decided that she has opinions.......strong opinions that she is more that willing to share with us at any given moment.
Just today we went to have her OT eval done. We had some concerns that she may have a vestibular disorder and if you think you've heard that on my blog before, you have because Kira also has a vestibular disorder. And yes, Eva does. The good news is that it is no where near as severe as Kira's was/is and Eva doesn't seem to be resistant to the therapy for it....Kira was very, very upset by the therapy. We were fortunate enough to get to bring a spinning board home to use for awhile so that we can really hit this hard and hopefully, get her over the hump sooner rather than later. I know how effective this therapy is because Kira has come sooooo far with it. Eva is going to rock it! :-)
My Dilly Boy!!
Dylan is definitely all boy and is loving the days where the weather is nice! He practically lives outside and can often be found sitting outside by our fence hoping that the neighbors dog, Cassie, comes out to play! Or he can be found playing with his monster trucks on the deck! Nothing makes me happier than being able to eat his meals at the picnic table...and I love not having to clean the floor.
Dylan started OT a few months ago. We had the eval done because I was convinced that he had some sensory issues going on even though the school district told us last spring that he didn't. We were also concerned about his fine motor skills. Well, it turns out that Mommy gut was right....Dylan is some pretty significant sensory issues going on. He is the opposite of Kira. Kira avoided, Dylan seeks. Dylan is the kids that is jumping, headbutting me, wanting to wrestle, etc. The questionaire that I filled out was pretty shocked even to me at how significant these issues are for him and how much they are likely impacting him every day. The sensory issues are causing attention issues which are causing fine motor delays. Yep, it's an interesting dynamic in our house at times! :-) He's doing well with OT and I am more convinced that ever that our decision to wait a year before sending him to kindergarden is the best decision for him. Next year he'll be going to 4K, 4 mornings a week at the same preschool he's been at. It will be a great transition for him and hopefully give us some good time to get things better under control.
My Kira girl!!
Kira just had a fun first! She spent 2 1/2 days in Cedar Falls with Eema and Bumpa by herself. She's been talking it up for quiet awhile but I wasn't sure if, when the time came, she would go for it.....she did and was so excited! She's already talking about when she can go do it again.
Kira has had a rough winter as far as illness goes! She got her tonsils and adenoids out in February and pretty much hasn't been healthy since then. She's had a terrible cough that just didn't go away..or it would for a few days and then it would be back again. Her pulmologist finally said enough was enough....her lungs sounded junky so she put her on a heavy antibiotic last Tuesday! Well, 8 days later, I THINK that the cough is finally getting better. Whew! Hopefully this will take care of it.
We found out earlier this month through some nuero-psych testing that Kira has a significant learning disorder. Kira's testing showed that she has a Nonverbal Learning Disorder and she also has some issues with Executive Functioning. The testing didn't really show us anything shocking but now we have a "name" for it and hopefully we can learn how to best help Kira learn. The school seems very open, so far, to re-opening her IEP and making some changes to help with her learning style. Hopefully will help take some of the frustration that Kira has been experiencing and turn it into positive experiences!
So yes, life is crazy but I couldn't be more thankful for my 3monsters angels!
So yes, life is crazy but I couldn't be more thankful for my 3
No comments:
Post a Comment