Things are going really well as far as I can tell with Kira's recovery.
She seems to be getting over the nasty virus that she got hit with a couple of weeks ago and she's doing well with her restrictions.
We're finding lots of things that she can do sitting in the chairs with her little tables. We've spent a lot of times putting Legos together and she loves sitting and playing with them for quite awhile.
She read lots and lots and lots of books. I'm so glad that she loves to read. She like to read to herself and she likes for us to read chapter books together. She loves the American Girl "choose your own adventure" series.
She's been LOVING doing Facetime with her class 3x a week. It's been a good way to keep her connected to her friends and vice versa. It's fun for me to see what they do during their "morning meeting" since I hear about it all.the.time.
We're working on getting back into the schedule that we have set up with her therapists and homebound teacher. It's all an adjustment but we're getting there.
But even with all these good things happening, there's one thing that I miss....that I really, really, really miss.....
I REALLY MISS SNUGGLING WITH HER. I MEAN REALLY SNUGGLING WITH HER.....SITTING IN A CHAIR WITH HER CURLED UP IN MY LAP.
I really miss it. We've tried but we just haven't found a way that we are both comfortable....most her because at this point, I'd go with not being comfortable if she was sitting snuggled up with me.
We have quite a bit of time left before she'll be cast-free and you can bet that I will keep trying to find a comfortable way for us to snuggle. I think we BOTH need some good snuggle time!
No comments:
Post a Comment