My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cats out of the bag.......

A little over a month ago, we had a follow-up appointment with Kira's new surgeon to talk about the results of her kidney ultrasound and swallow study. 

Fortunately, her kidneys are perfectly fine which was a huge relief to me since the day of the ultrasound they kept stopping, talking to the doctor, coming back for more pictures, etc....that's enough to make any Mommy crazy!

Her swallow study showed that her mobility has gotten worse which we were pretty sure of.  Unfortunately, there's nothing else that they can do about that.  It's just something that she will have to "deal with" and we will have to make decisions about as the needs come up.  There was also a spot on her esophagus that was concerning to the surgeon.  He felt like it was a big enough concern that he should schedule her for a scope and take a look.  He is also going to check out a couple of other things to see if we can find an explanation for her tummy pain that seems to happening more and more often.

As I was talking to the doctor, we were pretty  much talking in code because I didn't want Kira to know what was coming since it was so far out.....well, that cats out of the bag as of today.

Today we had lunch, just her and I, so I decided to take that opportunity to talk to her about it.  Her first reaction was, "I don't want to do that!"  Believe me sweetie, I don't want you to have to do it either!!  We talked about how she didn't remember having her tonsils out because she was sleeping and I assured her that she wouldn't remember any of this either.  Once she had confirmation that she could bring 2 stuffed animas and her blankie, she pretty much moved on to eating her lunch and chatting about other stuff.

I know that as next Thursday (July 28) gets closer, she'll be less "laid back" about it but unfortunately, it needs to be done.

We welcome your prayer and positive thoughts that Kira will be able to get through this little procedure with the least amount of anxiety and worry possible.

1 comment:

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said...

She will be in our prayers, Cori! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails