My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Saturday, September 3, 2011

My 2nd grader!

Well, another school year is off and running......and so far, so good.
Kira was pretty nervous about starting school but the nerves were mixed with excitement too. She really wanted to be excited. She was happy to see that her buddy, Austin was in her class again this year. Her OT has said more than once that Austin and Kira really were good friends for each other.

Here are some pictures from her 1st day of school........



The nerves were REALLY hitting right about now.......


 Right after I took this picture, she started crying when the bell rang.  She got her hug and I left.....her wonderful OT emailed me later and let me know that she only cried about 2 minutes and that was it!  THIS IS PROGRESS!!  I was so relieved.  Her teacher is Mr. Hegge (blue striped shirt).  She seems to really like him.
So we're 2 days down and the only crying she's had is the couple of minutes on the 1st day.  She was sooooo excited to come out Friday and tell me that she'd had a great day with no crying.  I realize for some, it may sound strange to be this excited over a 2nd grader not crying at school but for Kira it is.  And we are so proud of her.

So far, I feel better about the arrangements with aides and the special education teacher as well.  Kira told me that she really likes the Mrs. G (special ed teacher) because "she talks nice to her."  That says so much about what went on last year just not being okay.  It seems like the aide schedule will be much more consistant as well which will be helpful to Kira too.

Can you tell that I'm feeling relieved already, after only 2 days of school?









2 comments:

Nancy Nilsen said...

Way to go Kira! Mr. Hegge is very nice. His sister is one of my best friends from when I was a little girl :) I hope you have a wonderful school year. I can't believe you are in 2nd grade already.

Eema said...

We are sooo proud of you, Kira! We can't wait to see you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails