My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Add one more.....

Yesterday (Tuesday) was Dylan's appointment with the kidney doctor.  I really liked the doctor.  He was great about explaining everything and making sure that I was comfortable with the plan when we were done.  I so appreciate doctors who are like that....I really, really do.

So, Dylan had more blood work done and his doctor said that if we hadn't heard from anyone by Friday we should call.......and I definitely will.

At his appointment yesterday, he also ordered a kidney ultrasound. (Adding one more appointment to our already crazy week!)  We were able to get it done this morning at 8:10 AM.  I hated to be taking D to school late again but wanted to get this ultrasound done so that hopefully by Friday we will have all the results and a better idea of what is going on.

Dylan has been just a good kiddo with all these blood draws and tests.  He wasn't happy about having yet another blood draw but once they put the numbing cream on, he did better.  He chatted the whole time he was getting the draw done and at the end said, "WOW!  That's amazing.  I didn't even feel a thing"......over and over and over and over.

Today he hopped up on the table for the ultrasound after this conversation with the tech....

Dylan: "So, you don't have any needles in here, right"

Tech:  "Nope, none at all."

Dylan: "Then we'll get along just fine."

The tech and I both cracked up!  Dylan did great during the ultrasound....I had no idea he could lay that still! ;-)

Fortunately, I had him to school by about 9:15 so he didn't even miss an hour!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails