My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Where to begin?

I have sat down so many times to update on the blog but then either I draw a blank on what to write or I get interrupted......the second is usually the case.  I'll try again today.....

Today has been a lazy day...it's snowing and I have one "just got done being sick" kiddo home and one "I' just getting really sick" kid......I'm keeping my fingers crossed that kiddo #3 stays healthy!

Kira is doing well as far as her recovery from surgery goes.  She seems to be adjusting well to not being able to be up and around-- Jason and I joke that maybe she's adjusting toooo well and it's going to be an adjustment when she can be up and around. :-)  Unfortunately she is pretty sick right now.  She has a high fever, headache and awful cough.....I'm not liking where it sounds like her cough is headed.  Fingers crossed that we'll be able to nib this in the bud quickly.

Kira has really enjoyed seeing her OT and PT for her home sessions.  She only got one session in with her homebound teacher before she got sick but she seemed to really hit it off with her.  Hopefully we'll be able to keep working on some of her reading that she left for Kira.

Dylan was very excited to get to go see monster trucks with Jason last weekend.  He was in heaven!!  All the pictures are on Jason's phone but as soon as I get them on the computer I'll be sure to share.  Unfortunately once they got home, I could tell that he wasn't feeling the best and he's been home sick since.  I think he should be able to head back to school tomorrow.  (I'm not sure who is more excited about that, Dylan or Mom!)

Eva is doing good.  So far she has managed to avoid that crud that Kira and Dylan have but I have a feeling it probably just a matter of time.  She is LOVING riding back and forth to school with her buddy, Lorelei.  I'm not sure she will ever want me to take her again now.

This has definitely been a a crazy time in our house and I think we've all had our breakdown moments.  
There are days that I have 3 kids who are all needing/wanting my attention, more than normal because things are so crazy right now and I feel like there's just not enough of me to go around.  I am just starting to really realize what a long road we have ahead of us......it's not just about making through both sets of casts, getting the 2nd set off and being able to walk out of the office. (which I did "know" but I didn't really "know."  Kira is going to have to learn to walk again...granted, not from scratch, but her feet are going to (fingers crossed) in a totally different position and it will feel completely different to her to walk.  It's just a really weird (?) feeling to not know what exactly it will be like.

Time will tell........

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails