My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Monday, December 16, 2013

A big day!

 Yesterday was the Christmas program at church.  Dylan was sick and couldn't participate this year which was a bummer because he was so excited about being in it.

 Eva was soooooo excited because it was her first one.  She couldn't wait to wear her dress and she was VERY excited that I put a curl in her bangs!  First one ever and she was just giddy!!


Kira surprised us this year and agreed to be an angel in the program.  She was nervous when we got there but fortunately a few of her friends were also angels so that helped.  These girls have been in the same Sunday School class as Kira since she was 3 and they really do care about Kira.  There were making her laugh and giggle...nerves were quickly forgotten!



I was helping with my 4 year old Sunday School class...you know "herding" them to the front of the church, making sure fingers weren't their noses, and that there was no "flashing" going on and was excited to see Kira standing in the front.  She was so excited about being there!

And then it happened.  That moment that you suddenly realize is GOING to happen and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it...we've all been there, right.  Eva was on my lap in the front pew, I looked over at my row of kiddos and back up to Kira only to realize that something was right.  In that amount of time, I also realized that she was going to pass out....and that there was NOTHING I could to 1) stop it and 2) get there in time to catch her.  It was like slow-motion but it was also happening fast.  By the time I threw, I mean, got Eva off my lap and got up front to Kira, she had passed out, falling down a step onto the floor.  :-(  She came to pretty quickly but was upset.  I was trying to help her walk out of the church and quickly realized that carrying her was a better option.

Once she calmed down, she had a cookie and drank some water...but she was so, so sad that she couldn't finish the program.  I have to say that my.heart.broke. for her.  I honestly had a moment thinking, "Really?  Why Kira?"  And if I'm going to be 110% honest, I still feel that way.  I had a good cry last night and am getting a little teary-eyed thinking about it now.

For Kira, I am trying hard to just focus on the positive...how proud of her we are that she was an angel because for Kira, that was a big step and progress for a kiddo who used to not be able to set foot in the church and certainly not be in the front of the church.  I am proud of her and I hope that she will continue to be able to try new things like this....she was really all smiles!

And really, our family just has to keep things exciting, right? ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails