My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Friday, May 27, 2011

It broke my heart.....

I had a parenting moment today that made me want to run over, scoop my girl up and run away.  KIDS CAN BE SO MEAN.

I walked to get Kira from school tonight and left Dylan and Eva with Jason.  I was excited to see the last little bit of her Field Day.  She woke up so excited about the day!!

When I got there, she was at the tug-o-war station and keep in mind that this was just a little after 3:00 and they had been outside since 1:00.  She was bouncing around and I heard the parent helper tell a certain number of kids to go to each end of the robe.  Kira "ran" down to one end and a little boy looked at her and said, "No!  You go down there.  You're no good at this."  (Mama Bear growled just a little....)  And Kira just turned around and went to the other end where another little boy said, "Go back down there.  We only want strong kids here." (Mama Bear felt ready to pounce now!)  And again, Kira started down to the other end.  The parent helper just led her over to the rope and told her to "hold on tight right there."

It.seriously.broke.my.heart.

It took all my strength to stay and watch because tears will filling my eyes.  I use the word "luckily" very loosely here......Kira was honestly oblivious to what had just happened.  She had so much excitement for what was happening, that she honestly wasn't phased by it.  For that, I will be thankful.  The thought of her feelings being hurt because of it, is more than I can handle right now.

As I watched her, I had flashbacks to every milestone that she has hit!

Rolling over at 10 months.
Sitting up alone 11 1/2 months.
Her famous "butt scoot" at 19 months.
Finally standing independently around 2 1/2.
Taking her 1st steps when she was 4.

I could go on and on but what I do know is that we didn't know what milestones Kira would hit and when...it was all an unknown.  With everyday that went by, we wondered, hoped and prayed.  And she did it.  She did it in her own time.  She did it when he body is ready.  She did it when she could.

I was so thankful and amazed to watch her play tug-o-war with a smile on her face.  She was excited.  She was loving every minute.

When I got home and told Jason what happened, he reminded me that it will probably only get worse. And I know he's right.

I know that my heart will break again and again for her when "things" happen.  I can only pray that she always remembers what miracle she is.  And that her heart is protected.  That she knows that Jason and I will always, always, always be her safe place to fall.  A.L.W.A.Y.S.



(and for what it's worth....I really want to let those two boys have it..........) :-)

2 comments:

The Mama said...

She'll find her own way to be happy no matter what. She's proven how strong and couragious she is over and over. Some thoughtless little punks aren't enough to stop such a strong little girl. It may get harder as she gets older, but there's something special out there waiting for her. God has a special assignment for her for sure!!

Eema said...

I'm so sorry that you and Kira had this experience,,,even if she did not feel the impact!!!! My heart breaks for the little ones who face this. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Related Posts with Thumbnails