I know it's been a couple of weeks since I posted and believe me, it's not because we haven't been doing anything around here.....there are just NOT enough hours in the day. (I'm pretty sure that I've said that before!)
Kira's been having really good days at school. And he phase of crying as she gets ready and when we drop her off seems to have passed...fingers crossed that it stays that way. She's been excited to be outside at recess again now that the weather has been better. She prefers to stay in when it's cold and she does better with her cough when she does but I know she misses being with her friends too. We had her IEP meeting a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't be more happy with how things went. I feel like we addressed several things that we had concerns about and will be making some changes next year. I'm disappointed that she won't have the same teacher next year since her school is switching to straight grades for 2nd and 3rd grade but I'm sure she'll do fine. She will also have her new special ed teacher next year since her current one is switching to 4th and 5th grade. Again, we're disappointed but know that it will work out fine.
Dylan is still loving 4K and enjoying being at MGNS. I know that it's going to be a HUGE adjustment for him next year but we have good supports in place for him when he starts kindergarten. He has been loving the great weather and can spend hours outside playing with his monster trucks, blowing bubbles and chasing birds...yes, he still is convinced that at some point he will catch one! :-) He's been enjoying martial arts and is usually excited to go. Next weekend is his first tournament. I have no idea how that's going to go but we are going to try it.
Eva the Diva keeps us laughing, makes me crazy and is my snuggly kiddo. She loves going to school on Wednesday morning and I am having fun watching her start to form friendships. I can't believe I'm typing this but she will be going to preschool Tuesday and Thursday afternoons next fall....how is that even possible?!?!? I really just can't believe that she is old enough for this adventure.....and I can't believe that there is the possibility that I COULD have 2 afternoons a week with no kids at home. (depending on how Kira's 2 half days work out!). Crazy!!
Hopefully get some pictures ready to share......soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment