I'm so bad lately on doing blog posts. I'm sure with the holidays coming up that will change very soon but right now I just feel like I don't have much free time to sit down and blog.
Dylan's recovering/recovered nicely from his last surgery and we REALLY hope that it will be his last one! He's been such a trooper but is also ready to be done with "recovery periods!" Starting Monday he can participate again in recess and PE. He has to wait until after his follow-up to head back to martial arts but that appointment is just around the corner on November 28th. I'm sure he will be one happy boy to get back to martial arts. It's hard to believe he hasn't been there since AUGUST. I never imagined it would be this long before he would get to go back.
Kira's been doing good. She was home sick this week but it seems to be a quick virus that has already run it's course and she'll be back to school tomorrow. The last couple of days have been a little emotional for her as we found out that her special education teacher had resigned. She's done so well with her this year that it even made me teary-eyed to think about this change. Since she was sick, she didn't get say good-bye like the rest of the class so we stopped in today since the kids were off for conferences and said our good-byes. Kira got a little emotional (the teacher did too) but I think heading to the book fair when we were done was just the distraction she needed. Fortunately, she knows the person who will sub until a new teacher is hired and that should help with the transition some.
Eva is FINALLY into the routine of going to school. The tears have stopped at drop-off thanks to Eema taking her one day.....seriously, Eema took her one day when I was with Dylan for his surgery and she's been fine since! Whew. I know that she didn't cry more than a few seconds but it was still hard to leave her crying. She loves school and I love hearing about her day! Most days she's pretty chatty about what she did and who she played with but then there are days like today when all I get is "don't know" for the answer to any question. Stinker!!
We are staying in Madison for Thanksgiving which will be nice. We'll head to CF for Christmas though.......I really can't remember the last time we were in CF. It may have been July! That's got to be a record for us. It's just not as easy to do weekend trips with all 3 kids in school.
We're in full holiday mode already and it's been so fun to watch the kids be so excited about everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment