My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

141 day...yes, I said, 141 days!

As of today it's been 141 days since Kira's surgery.

141!

One hundred forty-one!!

When I added the numbers up to see how many days it had been I couldn't believe that it was 141.  I actually re-added it to make sure that it was right.  But yep, 141 is the number.

That's CRAZY.  In some ways it seems like less than that  and in other ways it seems like so, so, so many more days.

I wish with all my heart that I could say that now we're "done" but that's just not even close to the case. Kira has a long way to go.  She had to learn how to walk in her walking casts, then in her boots and now she has to learn to walk without those supports and that's not going happen over night for sure.  Jason and I have been able to her trying to walk like she did before her surgery...knees in, etc.  She has to learn to walk with her "new feet" now. 

She only has a couple of weeks left of school which means that she will only have a few sessions left with her school PT and OT......we lucked out and found a place that she can continue PT over the summer.  And she is excited that she will get to do PT with Miss Heidi who was Eva's PT with Birth-3.

Here's my girl this morning......waiting to see Scott and get her inserts for her shoes.


And here she is, on the way out, with wearing shoes for the 1st time in 141 days (as she told Scott!)


I would be lying if there wasn't a part of me that was felt a little disappointed today when she stood up without her inserts and shoes on so that her inserts could be adjusted........she still pronates.  She still pronates more than I expected or was hoping for.....but I kept on smiling for Miss Kira.  She is so happy!

I'm trying to tell myself not "judge" yet....it's literally been a couple of hours but when it wasn't what I was expecting to see, it did take a little of the excitement and joy out of it for me.  BUT I also know that before her surgery, wearing inserts like she is not would have never, ever, ever been an option.

Now we're ready to get her up and moving more and more........

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails