My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Monday, May 20, 2013

A post that I just can't come up with a title for.....

If you follow me on Facebook, then you know that I spent Friday night in the hospital with Eva.  She was severely constipated to the point that there was some concern about impaction.  It wasn't a pleasant hospital stay, but I guess there is rarely one that is.  Eva was extremely uncomfortable, sweating and literally thrashing around the bed in pain.  I knew that it was just going to take time at that point but I was not feeling very patient.

I refuse to go into all the details but when we got to come home on Saturday morning,  she was feeling a little better but we clearly weren't out of the woods yet.

I called the GI department at teh Children's Hospital this morning to see if we could her appointment moved up at all since it wasn't until June 6th.  To my surprise, they got her in within an hour of our phone conversation!  Eva didn't particularly enjoy the appointment, and again, I'll spare you the details as to why.  We were able to confirm a few things after the exam and understand more why she is having so much pain.

We are now in the midst of doing another "clean out" at home......4 capfuls of Miralax with 24 oz of Gatorade each morning with about a 3-4 hour window to drink it all.  We are also adding a couple of other new medications for her and HOPE that once things are back to "baseline," we can keep it there.

Once we are there, we'll start to try and figure out if there is another issue that is making this so hard for her and if there is, we hope it's an easy solution.

Friday night was rough...especially after Eva was asleep.  I had a "minor" breakdown of sorts.  No, this wasn't a huge deal but the one-thing-after-another for so long finally caught up with me.  I constantly remind myself that it could be so much worse but in that moment, I was feeling pretty yucky.

I knew that the hospital stay would mean more doctor appointments and that just felt/feels really overwhelming....because, you know, it's not like we have many. :-)

Tomorrow morning we are back at Children's Hospital to have xrays and appointment about Eva's foot.......fingers crossed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails