My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oh, now I get it!!

You know that saying that talks about "bad things" happening in 3's?  Well, I had been convinced that we had out "3" done......Dylan's TWO surgeries and then Kira's surgery.  

2 + 1= 3, right?

Well, here's where my thinking was obviously a bit cloudy.....Kira's surgery was "elective" so now I see that it CLEARLY could not have been our "bad" #3.  We were actually still on #2, right?  I'm really glad that I didn't KNOW that because honestly, I would have just been waiting for #3....but with the way I was thinking, #3 just got to sneak up on us and WHAM!  there it was! ;-)

Drum roll please....who was the "lucky" one who gets to claim #3 as their own????


Yep...that's my sweet Eva's foot!

Eva was enjoying the beautiful weather at a friends house yesterday, chasing bubbles and she fell.  She appeared to be fine but as the day went on, she started limping and was clearly in pain so off to urgent care we went last night after Jason met me at martial arts to get Kira and Dylan....I really didn't want to walk in with Kira, who is wearing 2 boots and using a walker.....gee, think that would have gotten us any "looks?"

So I decided to take Eva to the urgent care on the west side since we were only a few minutes away and on the way I actually had the thought (this is just "wrong" humor in sooo many ways)...."Well, at least since we're going to the west clinic and not the east clinic, we won't get the same doctor we saw when Dylan had his fractured femur!"  Ummmm, so guess who was working at the west clinic and guess who remembered Dylan?  Sigh......

By the time we got to urgent care, Eva wouldn't put any weight on her foot without crying and shaking.....before that, she would take a few steps here and there but would start crying.

The x-rays showed a couple of weird spots that are likely small fractures.......feet as tiny as hers are just hard to see sooo many things and there are so many things that just don't show up on x-rays right away as we know from our experience with Dylan.

Right now, we are waiting to hear from the ortho to see what we need to do.  She won't put any weight on it today and had a really rough night.  They mentioned maybe a boot (yep, like Kira's) for a couple of weeks or we may just have to wait and let it heal.

Ya know, I just couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

So as my awesome friend, Gwyn, said last night which made me stop crying and crack up laughing like a crazy person......

"Your ortho should have his kids college funds say 'this education brought to you by the VandeKieft family"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails