My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm thankful.....

I'm thankful.


Today we had Eva's evaluations with Birth-3. And, just like Kira and Dylan, she qualified for services. I have to admit, I had myself pretty convinced that she WASN'T going to qualify....or maybe I was just keeping my head in the sand, who knows?? And, yes, I'm a little sad that she will need PT for awhile.


That being said, I am sooooooooo thankful that we live in a time and place where kids can get the therapy and other services that they need. It's not always easy but I look at how far Kira has come and I KNOW that she wouldn't be where she is today without the therapy, braces and other services she has received. (some we've had to fight for but that's whole different post!) I'm thankful that as a parent, I have these people to help me help my kids. I'm thankful for all the therapists, doctors and nurses who have made a difference in my children's life. I'm thankful that we have doctors who didn't give up on finding a diagnoises for Kira. I'm thankful for the therapists who never gave up and who still haven't given up on getting Kira as far as she can go with her gross motor skills. I'm thankful for the team who came to evaluate Eva today who understood why I was a little emotional at hearing that Eva is a little behind and could benefit from therapy.


And with a little therapy, I have no doubt that Eva will get kicked out of therapy, just like her big brother did!!


I'm thankful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails