Today I felt overwhelmed.
Today I cried.
Today I questioned "why?"
Today I wondered what was next.
Today I was thankful to look into my 3 beautiful childrens eyes and know that even though I am feeling what I am, they are worth it. I just love them.
So I'll start with my coughing, hacking Kira. She's still coughing and hacking. She's definitely starting to feel a little stir crazy I think tomorrow we may just go for a short drive or something. I had heard people say how yucky pneumonia is but I hadn't ever really been around anyone with it....let me tell you. This crap sucks. I can't believe how long it can drag on. She's perking up a lot and actually enjoyed bathtime tonight. She's asking for things to do now and wants to be up and around more. The hard part is she wants to do more than her body is ready for....wrestling and running with Dylan is only going to lead to lots of coughing so my dear girl, just don't. She has to be getting tired because we've had many middle of the night neb treatments and I know it takes her a bit to get back to sleep afterwards. No school yet tomorrow and Wednesday I won't send her since her class is going to a nature preserve that is not wheelchair accessible which would mean lots of walking....I think not. MAYBE by Thursday she'll be ready to head back....I hope.
Dylan has been enjoying his evals with the PT and OT...he's grown up with Kira having therapists in and out of the house so it's not really new to him. It's been interesting for me to watch as he works on what they are doing with him....fine motor is definitely an issue. We have one more eval to go and will meet with all 3 therapists on May 14th to see what they have to say and see if they think he could benefit from any therapy.
Dylan has been enjoying being outside and I know that he will not be happy when it cools down later this week. He's completely fascinated with going outside and attempting to catch squirrels and bunnies....and he yells at birds. He tells me that he wants them to be his pets....keep dreamin' boy! This is what he was out in the backyard chasing animals with...flashlight and all!
And now for sweet, adorable Eva.......she's getting a cold but so far it nothing more than a little cough and congestion. Let's hope that it stays that way. We had her 6 months follow-up with the allergist today. She's been having a lot of hives and he agreed that we need to attempt to find a cause but also said that you don't always get answers for them. So, he had a bunch of blood tests that he wanted done. I honestly can't remember what they all were but some were to make sure that there's nothing else besides allergies causing the hives, some are to check certain levels of allergies and then there's those that I can't remember. He said that he would call if anything showed up.....hopefully I'll just get a letter that says everything is normal there! ;-)
We did find out today that she is allergic to mangos and pineapple...so we're going to avoid all tropical fruit just to be safe. She is also allergic to Hemp milk so we're going try ricemilk again and see how she does with that. She had a reaction to goat's milk awhile back but I thought she was fine with goat's cheese but we're done with that now too. And here's the kicker.....she's allergic to the sodium polycrylate which is the ingredient that makes the diapers so absorbate. Hmmmm.....so we're heading for cloth diapers. I'm not looking forward to the extra laundry but she has had a rash/eczema for so long in her diaper area that we need to get her some relief.
We're changing a her allergy medications a little too so hopefully that will give her some relief too.
Other than that, there's really nothing going on around here...... :-)
1 comment:
I'm exhausted just reading about your day! I am glad you are starting to get somewhere with Eva. Poor doll baby! And Dylan is cracking me up! Noah also chases birds (and tries to squirt them with his squirt gun) LOL! BTW, I think you are a fantastic mom, in case I hadn't told you lately!
Post a Comment