My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Monday, July 13, 2009

Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale!!!

We got a referral for Kira to see a behavioral ped who will HOPEFULLY be able to help us come up with a plan to deal with Kira's anxiety. When we got the referral, her nurse told me that they were scheduling out to the very end of August and probably into September by the time I "jumped through all their hoops" to get an appt! (Okay, so those are my words!!) I felt very discouraged about that...not surprised though as we've seen enough specialists to know that it can take awhile. I got the mounds of paperwork last Thursday along with a list of all the other stuff they wanted (IEP's, pictures, etc)....I sent it back on Saturday. I was hoping to hear from them by the end of this week but was pleasantly surprised to hear from them already TODAY! OUR APPOINTMENT IS NEXT TUESDAY, JULY 21 AT 12:30!! Luckily, I was able to find a sitter for Dylan and Eva....and Jason will also be able to come with Kira and I!!!! I would be lying if said I wasn't a littel nervous about this appointment too! This is all new territory for us but I am hopeful that we will be able to get on the road to better helping Kira.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That's great you got in so fast! I know you are nervous, but I hope the appointment brings some help your way. Thinking of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails