My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Monday, July 27, 2009

She's in there...my sweet girl is still in there!

WHEW! I think the combo of meds we have Kira on are working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not perfect but I'm seeing signs that the meds are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Praise the Lord!

We did learn a very important lesson this weekend about the Risperdal that we started her one last Tuesday. We were told that it was very important that we give it at the same time each day and not forget...well, we forgot. Uh-oh! We had family in town for Eva's baptism and went to the hotel so the kids could swim. As we pulled into the parking lot, I realized that, oops, I had forgotten to give her med or atleast bring it with. Well, all was well until about 2 hours after she should have had it......she was out of control! It was terrible and thank goodness we were already on our way out the door. Lesson learned! I am buying a 2nd pill splitter this week and carrying that a couple of her pills in my purse so this will never happen again. We will increase her dose from 1x a day to 2x a day tomorrow. We are praying that it doesn't make her sleepy by giving it in the morning and at night....we don't want her sleepy during the day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails