This is my sweet girl Kira. Kira was our long awaited, many tears shed and prayers prayed for baby girl. I wanted to be a Mommy for as long as I can remember. Jason and I weren't one of the lucky couples we decide it's time to have a baby and get pregnant...we had to try. We had to see drs. He had to tell me more than once that everything was okay and we would have baby.
I found out I was pregnant on Jason's birthday and couldn't even wait for him to come home. I made him come out the parking lot at his work and handed him a bag with a bib that said "I love Daddy" on it. I didn't have the easiest pregnancy but I was willing to do whatever I needed to do to have a healthy baby. At 37 weeks, I was induced. Little did we know the road that we would travel with our precious girl. Surgeries, other medical "scares", doctor after doctor after doctor. But how could you not love this face!
We've been walking a new road with Kira and I would be lying if more than once I haven't looked at Jason, through tears, and saying, "I didn't sign up for this!" Kira is dealing some pretty significant anxiety. It's always been there but up until now, we've been able to, for the most part, "control" her world....avoid the situation that are hard for her. Keep her where she feels secure. Unfortunately, as she gets older, we can't always be there to keep her "triggers" away. We're working with our drs to figure out the best way(s) to help her handle this. We all know that starting school in the fall is going to be trigger, after trigger, after trigger for Kira. There's only so much you can ask a 5 1/2 year old to handle on her own. We haven't figured this out yet but we're getting there.
On the hard days, I have to focus on Kira, the loving big sister, the friend to others, the daughter who I love and cherish. Some days are harder than others but I will fight for my girl. I will fight for her to get the help she needs. I will fight to help her function in a world that seems really scary to her a lot of the time. As her Mommy, I will fight!
No comments:
Post a Comment