Well, I did good for a month as far as posting on the blog, right? February was already looking to be a busy month before it started but it seems like we have just kept adding more to each week! It's been a ridiculous to be honest....way too many appointments for one month! Hopefully March will be better, atleast after the 1st week or so anyway.
I had a great weekend away the 1st weekend of February and Jason seemed to survive! ;-) I had a great time scrapbooking and even though I didn't get much sleep it was nice to get a chunk of sleep without getting up with a crying baby!
Kira had her 6 year well child appointment at the beginning of the month and impressed everyone in the office with how well she did....not one tear while we were there. She weighs 43 pounds now and is 43" tall. She impressed them with her reading skills and was more than happy to show off how she can jump and run now too. It was nice to have her relaxed so that she could "show them her stuff!" She still doesn't want me to take her picture much...stubborn 6 year old! Kira will be having her yearly echocardiogram done on Monday and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will go better than the last one...she was NOT happy! She also has an appointment scheduled with the Communications Aids and Systems Clinic on March 1st. She is really struggling with writing...not that she can't do it and doesn't want to but her fingers just get so tired, quickly. We are hoping that they will be able to help us find something that will help Kira get her thoughts and ideas down on paper but that will not cause her hands to get so tired. We'll see how that goes. I mananged to snap this one of her reading to Eva which she does often!
Dylan continues to love preschool although today had a rough "natural consequence" at the end of the day. He decided to dance around, walk around and pretty much do anything other than get his boots and stuff on to come home. His teacher asked me if I minded if he had to walk to the car just like that..no shoes or boots, coat, etc and I said go for it. His ears just don't seem to work well lately so I agreed that this consequence might wake him up a little. He was fine until he realized that we really were going to make him walk to the van just like that..he cried, begged for his boots, etc but we just kept going. He wasn't happy but as soon as we were in the van he said that he was going to be good listener next time! We'll see if that happens but he wasn't happy about wet socks and he really wasn't happy when I made him throw them away since they were beyond repair! Dylan has a couple of appts coming up too. He is going to evaluated by the school district to see how he's doing with all of his age-appropriate skills. We have a few concerns but are hopeful that he won't need any therapy right now. If he does, we'll get it taken care of! He and Eva still adore each other and I think this picture says it all.....
Dylan got Kira's "old" Leapster when she got a new one for Xmas...he does really well playing the games and I know that's it has really helped him learn the sounds that letter make!
And then last but certainly not least, there's sweet girl as Dylan often call Eva! I cannot believe that she's going to be a year in 11 days! Tomorrow, the 13th, is actually the day that we THOUGHT she was going to be born but she had other ideas! She's doing great. We still are having therapy once a week and luckily, she finally loves Katie, her therapists! She goes right to her now and giggles like crazy as they play. She is keeping us on our toes with her gross motor skills. She rolls but not across the floor, just back and forth from her tummy to back or back to tummy...and she doesn't do it often. I keep thinking that she's going to take off army crawling anytime but I've been thinking that for a month so who knows. She can go in circles on the floor and think she is hot stuff. Her days of jumping in the jumperoo are going to be coming to an end since I'm convinced she's going to take it right off the doorframe! Eva and I are leaving on Thursday to go visit Jer, Val and Lily! I'm looking forward to it and hope the Eva is an angel on the plane. She has her 1 year appt next Wednesday, the day after her birthday so I'm curious to see how she's growing. Her favorite thing to do right now if pull her shoes/slippers and socks off about 30 seconds after I put them on and then laugh and laugh and laugh while looking right at me! :-)
1 comment:
I adore this update. And the pictures are so cute. The third one of Dylan is fantastic!
Post a Comment