My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Monday, February 15, 2010

Is it really only Monday???

This week definitely started out busy!  Once Kira and Jason were out the door, I got Dylan and Eva ready to head out...earlier than I like but couldn't be helped this time.  Dylan had his screening with Child Find.  He's been out of therapy since he turned 2 but we are starting to have some concerns about his fine motor skills and a few things with his large motor skills.  We decided that it was better to have him screened instead of waiting until he sees his developmental ped. again in July.  The screening today showed that he is very below where he should be for fine motor skills (writing, holding a pencil, tracing, etc) and that he is slightly below where he should be for large motor.  While I was hoping, like any Mommy would, that he wouldn't need to go for more evals, they did recommend that we have him evaluated further. We will move ahead with the evaluation because obviously we don't want him to fall further behind and continue to struggle.  We will hear from a Early Childhood Teacher from the school district in 2-4 weeks and then will also have OT and PT evaluation done.  It's likely that by the time we get all of this done and have the final meeting, if needed, the school year will be almost over.  Either way, atleast he'll be set up and ready to go next fall.  I think that I really need an extra day added each week if it turns out that he qualifies for therapy. 

Kira had her echocardiogram today and did great.  She talked the poor techs ear off while we were waiting to get started.  He asked her if she wanted a warm blanket to cover up with and when she said yes, I really thought she was going to fall asleep on the table.  She won't admit it but those eyes were VERY heavy and some of the blinks were pretty long!!  We didn't get results today but should hear from her primary doctor in a couple of days....we'll hope that no news is good news!

After all that running around, I still have a board meeting at preschool night....even though I Really would like to snuggle on the couch with a blanket and do nothing!  Luckily the next couple of days are just hanging out at the house days and I'll just work on getting Eva and I packed to head to Texas!  We leave on Thursday....can't wait to meet Lily!

I have some fun pictures from the last couple of days so hopefully I'll have a chance to get them off my camera in the next day or two!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails