Thanks to everyone who has emailed recently and asked how things are going with Eva's allergies! I thought I would take a few minutes to update what's up with my little sweetie!
Eva is doing great with her crawling/lunging/getting from point a- point b! She's not fast, unless it involves getting something she shouldn't have. :-) We did a session of water therapy which she seemed to enjoy..she wasn't feeling 100% but she liked splashing around. I'm going to try and get her in the water once in awhile during Dylan's swimming lesson.
The drs are getting concerned about her lack of weight gain. She really hasn't gained any weight since she was 9 months. At 9 months she was 19 lbs 8 oz and today she was 19 lbs 9 oz....hmmmm. Because of all her allergies, it's challenging to find high calorie foods for her. We are starting her on a couple of supplements that will hopefully help her out. One of them is a toddler formula called Elecare....luckily it comes flavored vanilla. We have some samples to try and a couple of certificates for a free can which is great because it's really expensive! She seems to like it and will drink 6 oz in no time at all. We are also using something called Necate Nutra which we can add to a lot of foods or we can make foods using it. Not cheap either but worth it to get Eva growing and gaining weight like she should. I made her yogurt using the Necate Nutra and apple juice and she ate it right up. There's a recipes for pudding, icecream, pancakes and several other things that I think she would enjoy.
Several of you have asked if we have noticed any difference since starting cloth diapers?? YES! YES! YES! Her diaper rash is almost completely gone. That is a great things and cloth diapers really aren't that much work at all. I wish I had done it sooner!
We also did find out that her allergies are pretty severe and she's at risk for some serious reactions if exposed to them. We have had to stop letting her eat foods that have "may contain traces..." or "processed in a facility that uses peanuts, etc." It definitely rules out a lot of foods but her eczema is 75% better after just a few weeks. We are also not letting her eat any tropical fruits and as of last night, sesame. We still hope that she will outgrow some of these but it's very likely that she will not outgrow them all.
Eva decided that she was done nursing in the last week. I'm perfectly fine with that but glad that we have a plan for keeping her calories up! It was nice that she self-weaned for the most part and I'm proud that we nursed for 15 1/2 months! I never imagined that we would go for so long but it's really been a wonderful experience.
Eva is doing great with her crawling/lunging/getting from point a- point b! She's not fast, unless it involves getting something she shouldn't have. :-) We did a session of water therapy which she seemed to enjoy..she wasn't feeling 100% but she liked splashing around. I'm going to try and get her in the water once in awhile during Dylan's swimming lesson.
The drs are getting concerned about her lack of weight gain. She really hasn't gained any weight since she was 9 months. At 9 months she was 19 lbs 8 oz and today she was 19 lbs 9 oz....hmmmm. Because of all her allergies, it's challenging to find high calorie foods for her. We are starting her on a couple of supplements that will hopefully help her out. One of them is a toddler formula called Elecare....luckily it comes flavored vanilla. We have some samples to try and a couple of certificates for a free can which is great because it's really expensive! She seems to like it and will drink 6 oz in no time at all. We are also using something called Necate Nutra which we can add to a lot of foods or we can make foods using it. Not cheap either but worth it to get Eva growing and gaining weight like she should. I made her yogurt using the Necate Nutra and apple juice and she ate it right up. There's a recipes for pudding, icecream, pancakes and several other things that I think she would enjoy.
Several of you have asked if we have noticed any difference since starting cloth diapers?? YES! YES! YES! Her diaper rash is almost completely gone. That is a great things and cloth diapers really aren't that much work at all. I wish I had done it sooner!
We also did find out that her allergies are pretty severe and she's at risk for some serious reactions if exposed to them. We have had to stop letting her eat foods that have "may contain traces..." or "processed in a facility that uses peanuts, etc." It definitely rules out a lot of foods but her eczema is 75% better after just a few weeks. We are also not letting her eat any tropical fruits and as of last night, sesame. We still hope that she will outgrow some of these but it's very likely that she will not outgrow them all.
Eva decided that she was done nursing in the last week. I'm perfectly fine with that but glad that we have a plan for keeping her calories up! It was nice that she self-weaned for the most part and I'm proud that we nursed for 15 1/2 months! I never imagined that we would go for so long but it's really been a wonderful experience.
Eva is talking up a storm! I love it! She asks 19038084 an hour, "Whats that?" with the pointer finger pointing to whatever! She's got an opinion on most things too! She's sleeping better at night now and on most days takes 2 naps. I feel like things are finally getting in a groove around here with her! So sweet! I can't believe that she's 15 1/2 months....she's still my baby!
1 comment:
Such a positive update Cori... and she's such a cutie pie. I'm so glad you've got plans in place for the calories--it's SO hard with food allergies! You are awesome and she's, well, just adorable.
Post a Comment