My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This and that...

Last night Kira and I had "Mommy-Kira time!" She had to have her sleep study later in the evening so I decided to have Sarah (our sitter) come a litttle early so Kira and I could go out for dinner.  She wanted to have a taco so I used that to my advantage to get Larado's!  YUM!  I'm pretty sure that she ate her weight in cheese dip and chips before her meal even came.  She actually ate a lot more than I thought she would and discovered that lettuce on a taco is NOT the end of the world and is pretty good! :-)

After dinner we ran to Target to get some workbooks for Kira and Dylan to work on this summer.  I'm working on getting us into a routine each day that will include some fun worksheets, reading time and helping Mommy around the house time.  We did part of it today and the kids seemed to enjoy that little bit of structure. 

When we were done at Target we headed to the westside and had a little extra time so we stopped in to see Jason at martial arts.  Kira wasn't real comfortable since it was pretty noisy and there were a lot of people but she did enjoy seeing Jason.

We got to her sleep study around 7:00 PM and waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes....Kira enjoyed talking to a little boy who was also there for a sleep study. (BUT I don't think they had a successful night...he was pretty upset in the room next to use and I'm pretty sure I heard them leave around midnight.)  We had a really nice tech but I would have appreciated him NOT spending so much time watching Toy Story 2 and getting Kira hooked up a little quicker! :-)  We finally got Kira in bed around 9:00 and she was struggling to stay awake so I'm pretty sure as soon as I shut the lights off, she was out.  We had MUCH better luck with all of her "hook ups" this time...our tech only had to come in the room once overnight when she knocked the nose stuff off.  So our tech may have been slow but he did get things hooked up really well!

Kira was awake a little after 5:00 this morning which was pretty early for her but I could tell that she wasn't going back to sleep so we got her unhooked and headed down the hall for a bowl of Frosted Flakes......and to a 6 year old getting to eat breakfast there was REALLY exciting!!

We probably won't have results for a week or so.....I don't know what to wish for but I do know that Kira been exhausted lately and something just seems a little off.  We'll see!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails