Well, I guess that Eva was feeling worse because she has RSV....luckily we caught it early. Eva and Mommy had an exciting Friday evening at Urgent Care. We were there about 3 hours. BLAH! She had to have a neb treatment there, chest xrays that involved her being strapped into some strange torture device that made Mommy get all teary-eyed listening to her scream, take a dose of nasty tasting oral steroids and then she had to pee since it had been several hours since she had a wet diaper. Exciting stuff.
We came home with an rx for 4 days of oral steroids that we'll be filling this morning and neb treatments every 4 hours (through the night if she needs them). Last night she was sleeping so well (thanks to the torture device that made her scream like I have never, ever heard her scream) that I didn't wake her up but you can be sure that I was awake checking on her frequently. We have her sleeping back in our room for now.
We did a neb right away this morning and it really did make a difference...she actually enjoyed her jumper for a few minutes. :-) She's napping again right now and I hope that she sleeps a long time, she hasn't slept well in over a week. (Oh and let's make it clear that she does not just sit patiently on my lap like Kira did for her nebs at this again....Eva is like a raging, thrashing animal.......not a fan of the neb!)
I'm hoping that by tonight she's starting to show signs of improvement...right now she just needs to start having wet diapers!!! I really don't want to end up in the ER for an IV.....she did nurse good this morning so hopefully that's a good sign.
Now...we just need to keep everyone else healthy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there Cori! Sooooo hard to watch the little ones in pain and especiallh that torture device thingy :( Counting down the minutes till RSV/Flu/Rota/Etc seasn is O-V-E-R!
Post a Comment