My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I THOUGHT she was better!!!

Yesterday morning I really thought that Kira was better...she had some spunk back and was playing, etc.  Yesterday at nap time she started having a terrible coughing fit that upset her and it snowballed into a couple of hours of coughing and crying.  I still didn't think much of it because I figured the crying was making the coughing worse.  I finally got her calmed down and she was laying on the couch when I saw it...the glassy-eyed, out-of-it, I have a fever look!  And did she ever..... 105.1!!!  I had given her Tylenol an hour earlier so I gave her Motrin and 1 1/2 hours later, her fever hadn't gone down at all.  I was just getting ready to call J and tell him he needed to come home so I could take her to the dr when he came home, thinking he was going to mow.  Off to Urgent Care with a sobbing 6 year old.....

3 hours later, a chest x-ray and lots of miserable retching for Kira we left knowing that she had an ear infection and pneumonia!  YUCK!  We avoided getting admitted but were told that it's not out of the question at this point....

Hoping and praying we can manage this at home!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh no! Praying for sweet Kira!

Related Posts with Thumbnails