I seem to have fallen off the posting pictures bandwagon and hope to jump back on soon! :-) The last couple of weeks have been so busy!
Last Tuesday I had Kira's yearly IEP meeting and it went remarkably well. She had met all of her goals for the 1st time in 3 years so that was great news! We revised a few of them and added a few news ones. The new ones are mostly about her learning how to use Read and Write Gold which is a word prediction and voice recognition program. These 2 programs will help Kira cut down on the amount of writing that she will do by hand which is a real struggle for her as her hand gets tired very quickly. The word prediction program also reduces key strokes a lot which helps with her hand faitgue. The voice recognition program will be helpful for longer pieces of writing as she gets older. She will be followed by the Assistive Technology group to help meet these needs. We also learned the her team feels like eventually she will also need some help with just holding textbooks as they already see her get tired doing this so we talked some about a program that can help us get everything from textbooks to free reading books in a digital form. I was happy to know that everyone agreed that she needed to keep an aide for the same amount of time next year.
Kira is home sick today...I think that Daddy's cold is making the rounds. Knock on wood because so far Mommy is the only one who hasn't gotten it...and Mommy really doesn't have time to be sick right now! Hopefully she'll be able to go back Tuesday or Wednesday but her cough is sounding pretty yucky.
Kira had a follow up with her pulmonologist in the last couple of weeks too.....the only thing new there is that they want to do a repeat sleep study which is scheduled for June 14th. I was glad that we could wait until school was out to schedule it.
Dylan is doing well. I had his end of the year conference and was happy to hear that he's made a lot of improvements with his behavior since the beginning of the year. It also did Mommy's heart good to hear that he really is a good friend and is very compassionate and encouraging to his friends.
Dylan's evaluations with the therapists from the school district have started and will continue through May 7th and then we have his final meeting/IEP is needed on May 14th. He is being evaluated by PT, OT and a early childhood teacher. I'll be glad when all the appointments are over, that's for sure.
Eva contines to crawl or I guess I should say lunge.....she's still pretty slow and doesn't go for very long distances but we'll take any movement we can get. We're hoping to start some water therapy with her PT soon but we're waiting to find out when we can use the pool that's nice and warm.
On Monday, May 3 Eva has her appointment with the allergist and I have a feeling that will be an interesting appointment. We've been faithful about keeping a very detailed food journal and notes about when she gets hives, when her eczema is flaring and how her sleep patterns have been. I really hope that all this information will be helpful to the doctor and that we'll leave with some kind of plan.
All 3 kids were excited to see Eema and Bumpa this last weekend......there was lots of giggles and hugs floating around. Eva mastered saying Bum-pa and enjoyed playing with both of them. I think the kids wore them out though!!! ;-)
Mom and I spent naptimes and after beds working on getting the bathroom painted and then last night I put the 2nd (and final) coat on. Just let me say that I DO NOT like semi-gloss paint! What a pain to work with. I'm excited to get all the "new stuff" hung up and see it all put together!!!
I think that's all for now...off to do laundry! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment