Saturday night I was downstairs with Kira and Dylan...Jason was upstairs with Eva. I was folding laundry when I heard Jason say, "Ummmm, I need your help up here."
I THOUGHT Eva must have made a terrible mess of some sort but I was ohhhhhhh so wrong. I walked into the bathroom and there was 1 quart of Blustery Day blue paint all over the counter. Yes, I freaked at first but then realized that it was still wet so that was a good thing. As Jason and I are trying to figure out the best way to clean it up, we're also discussing who our prime suspect is. I was fairly convinced that if Kira had done it, there would have been tears, screaming and basically mass hysteria....so that left "the boy!"
I went downstairs after the mess was cleaned up and asked Kira is she got the paint down and spilled it. (It was sitting on top of my medicine cabinet on a towel.....which I thought was high enough but clearly, well, it wasn't.) She said no and I knew she was telling the truth.
So I asked Dylan...his answer NOPE. So then I went about it a different way....
Mommy: "Dylan, did you try to get the paint can off Mommy's shelf"
Dylan: "Nope."
Mommy: "Did you try to get the paint brush? You need to tell Mommy if you did. (showing him my hands with paint all over) The paint spilled and made a big mess and now I can't paint the bathroom. Did you try to get the paintbrush?"
Dylan: "Nope."
Mommy: "Did you climb up on the counter?"
Dylan: "Nope."
Mommy: "Are you telling me the truth?"
Dylan: "Yep. I'm not lying. I tried to get the towel to dry my hands. I gotta go watch Snow White. Wash you hands good Mommy! You're a mess!"
That was the end of the conversation because I didn't really have much to say after that! :-) I'm pretty convinced that he didn't even realize it was paint and that it didn't actually spill or start leaking out when he was there...if it had, I'm sure he would have FREAKED! Of course, Jason's thought was that if he had known it was paint, we could have won money of America's Funniest Home videos because who knows what would have happened then!
Atleast I know now that Dylan knows the different between telling the truth and lying! :-)
Sooo..the bathroom isn't painted and Mommy learned that paint should be under lock and key!
No comments:
Post a Comment