Eva had therapy today and I'll be honest, I don't always get done with a therapy session feeling real great. We love our therapists and it's NOTHING that they are or aren't doing..it's just frustrating when you don't really see much progress. BUT today was different!!!!
We've literally been working for MONTHS to find a way to get her up on all 4's and not have her scream and cry and fight what we are doing. Today, we found that way.....her new PT brought a homemade "something" and it worked. She loved it for some reason and tolerated being pretty much on all 4's...and dancing while doing it!
And as if that wasn't enough for one day to make Mommy happy, then we decided to work on standing since she has really been liking it lately...and for kicks, her PT let go.....
And showing off with only needing one hand to get to standing!
She stood for about 2 minutes, took a short break and then I shot that video......and yes, I'm sniffing and wiping the tears away while taking the video! She has a long way to go but Mommy REALLY needed to see this today!!
Apparently Eva wanted to show off today with 3 people here to watch...Katie her OT (brown hair), Heidi her PT (blonde hair) and Sue her caseworker was also her. I knew the day was coming that Katie would need to step out of the picture since the fine motor/OT concerns we had with Eva aren't concerns anymore but we LOVE Katie. Well, today we decided that since Eva's primary concerns are PT related, we should switch to her primary therapist being Heidi. We love Heidi too but will really miss Katie. We'll still see her from time to time since we want to keep an eye out for sensory issues which helps!
But it was a GOOD DAY!
4 comments:
YAY! WTG Eva! I am so excited watching this! I love seeing her therapists get excited for her, too. This is awesome!
I am thrilled for all of you! What a big step for your little Eva! She looks like she is ready to take off now. Good luck and happy chasing. ;-)
This is AMAZING! What great news! Eva is awesome!
How exciting this is to see!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait to give her a hug and see her stand in person. LOVE
Post a Comment