My kiddos!

My kiddos!

Pages

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SPRING....we love you!

Dylan, Eva and I just came in from enjoying almost 3 hours of beautiful spring weather.  Dylan was so excited to be outside and Eva loved riding in the stroller.  I had forgotten exactly how SLOW a 3 1/2 year old walks when they are taking it in.  It was nice to just go for (several) walks around the block and talk to Dylan.....he was so curious about everything.  A few things that made me quietly giggle...

Dylan was walking REALLY slow and I asked him to walk a little faster to which he replied "This is faster that this Mommy!"  He said that several times during our walk...not a clue what he meant but he would say with so much excitement.

I was showing him tree BUDS and he kept getting this worried look on his face and when I asked him if he wanted to touch one, he looked at me like I had 3 heads and started backing away.  I finally figured out that he thought I was saying tree BUGS!  Once I explained what I was saying he said, "Ohhhhh...you know Mommy BUDS are okay, bugs are not!"

He really wanted to go play on the school playground but I knew the kids would be coming out for recess soon so I showed him a city park that's kind of hidden and he climbed up to the top of the structure and got all excited telling me that he could see sissy and I HAD to come see.  Well, sure enough, there was Kira playing and he was SCREAMING at her and waving!  He's convinced that she waved back so he was happy.

After we were done there, we walked through a grassy area (muddy area) and went on an "adventure!"  Dylan was thrilled and kept saying it was the best adventure ever....mud and all.  We got to the top of this hill and I realized that Eva had her shoes off and one sock was missing.  Dylan said that it was okay because we had lots of sock at home and maybe another little kid could use that sock!  Since we had her shoes, I agreed with him and we left our sock somewhere in the muddy mess! :-)

We walked a little further and he said, "Look there's Eva hair pretty over there!"  I looked and it looked like hers...I looked in the stroller and apparently on our previous walk down that sidewalk, she pulled it out and tossed it without me noticing!  Apparently she was bored in the stroller! :-) Funny though, she never threw her paci out!!

After that Dylan decided he needed a snack and some water so we headed home....walking even slower.  He's not watching Wiggles and having a snack....looking quite tired!!

I wish I had taken my camera with me today but I didn't think we'd be gone as long as we were and I'm willing to bet that this won't be our last adventure together!  Hoping the weather is nice tomorrow and we can head to the zoo!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails